ANERA: Trusted and Respected
ANERA earns trust by delivering results. Every year thousands of donors from around the world choose ANERA as a safe, efficient and effective way to help refugees and other poor communities in Gaza, the West Bank and Lebanon.
- A 45-year history of delivering real results and positive change in the communities we serve.
- A commitment to accountability and transparency. View our annual reports, tax forms and audited financials.
- Trusted and respected by thousands of individual donors each year as well as major funding institutions such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
- A track record of reporting back on how we use your money. We regularly publish stories of your support in action online and in our print newsletter.
- ANERA is a top-rated organization: 4-star charity with Charity Navigator, A-rated charity with the Institute of Philanthropy and long-time member of the Better Business Bureau.
ANERA is Accountable
To maintain the efficient and wise stewardship of your money, to ensure that project funds are directed to only the best partners, and to comply with all U.S. laws and policies which regulate international development work, ANERA has adopted the following controls:
- Annual independent financial audits of our field offices.
- Annual independent audits of the entire agency.
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) audits
- Screening of all funders, partners and program recipients using anti-terrorism vetting software purchased from the U.S. Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC – U.S. Treasury Dept)
- Signatory to U.S. anti-terrorism certification procedures
- Additional vetting of project partners regarding their ability to be nonpartisan and free of hidden political agendas
- Assessment by field offices of project partners to judge quality of their professional skill sets
- Oversight by audit committee of the ANERA Board of Directors
- Robust whistleblower policy and procedure in both English and Arabic
- Posting on the website of our IRS form 990 (view the archive.)