ANERA: Trusted and Respected
We earn trust through the results we deliver. Each year, thousands of donors from around the world trust us because they know their money is safe and spent on their intended purpose: to help people in need.
- Among the less than 1% of charities to receive 10 consecutive 4-star ratings from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator.
- Long-time member in good standing of the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance.
- “A” rated charity by the Institute of Philanthropy.
- A 45 year history of delivering real results and positive change to poor communities in Palestine and Lebanon.
- A track-record of being responsible, efficient and effective with the funds entrusted to us.
ANERA is Accountable:
To maintain the efficient and wise stewardship of your money, to ensure that project funds are directed to only the best partners, and to comply with all U.S. laws and policies which regulate international development work, ANERA has adopted the following controls:
- Annual independent financial audits of our field offices.
- Annual independent audits of the entire agency.
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) audits
- Screening of all funders, partners and program recipients using anti-terrorism vetting software purchased from the U.S. Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC – U.S. Treasury Dept)
- Signatory to U.S. anti-terrorism certification procedures
- Additional vetting of project partners regarding their ability to be nonpartisan and free of hidden political agendas
- Assessment by field offices of project partners to judge quality of their professional skill sets
- Oversight by audit committee of the ANERA Board of Directors
- Robust whistleblower policy and procedure in both English & Arabic
- Posting on the website of our IRS form 990 (view the archive>>)