Join our Team
Donor Systems Coordinator
ANERA is one of the oldest American non-profits working solely in Palestine and Lebanon. Strictly non-political and non-religious, ANERA delivers humanitarian relief in times of crisis and a range of development programs that have a long-lasting impact on their communities. The organization needs no sob stories to sell itself. Program successes in practically every community in Palestine and all throughout Lebanon demonstrate the meaningful difference ANERA donors are making.
Like data and numbers and want to make a difference in the Middle East? We are looking for a critical thinker and team player who can be part of a growing organization that works with marginalized communities and refugees in Palestine and Lebanon. This position is an integral part of the fundraising team and is responsible for providing oversight as well as the continuing development in the areas of database integrity, reporting and analysis, donor segmentation and list generation, and gift processing. Reporting to the vice president of philanthropy, but with limited oversight, this position will also lead the fundraising team in adopting a range of Salesforce features and provide trainings in their effective use.
- Manage and maintain the integrity of ANERA’s database (Salesforce).
- Design and develop regular fundraising reports, donor/contact lists and dashboards, and extractions of data from the database for analytical and marketing/fundraising purposes.
- Create and run database queries for mailings and other projects.
- Work with the fundraising team to exploit existing tools within Salesforce that facilitate communications and task-tracking regarding donor stewardship.
- Research, test, and implement improvements to expand the functionality and effectiveness of the database.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of all donation processing systems.
- Ensure the timely processing and acknowledgement of donations and data entry for all cash and non-cash gifts received through the mail or otherwise.
- Ensure that systems and procedures related to the database and donation processing are taught, understood, and practiced consistently.
- Manage and maintain third party integrations into the fundraising database including Blackbaud Luminate Online, Classy.org and Wealth Engine.
- Determine prospect priorities of existing donors through Wealth Engine.
- Make technical recommendations for online fundraising and email marketing.
- Minimum two years of experience in Salesforce, preferably as a Salesforce administrator in a non-profit fundraising environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel, and a demonstrated ability to perform mail-merge functions.
Skills and knowledge
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform and experience with custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred.
- Ability to think analytically, establish and maintain systems and processes, compile data, and prepare reports.
- Experience with data visualization tools a plus.
- Familiarity with non-profit fundraising strategies.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and exercise independent action.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with staff at varied levels.
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online (formerly Convio) desired, but not required.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Application for Donor Systems Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.