Join our Team
Job Vacancy in Washington, DC Office
Position: Director of Donor Development
Job Status: Exempt, full-time
Reports to: Vice President for New Business Development and Fundraising
ANERA, a leader in development and relief specialized in the Middle East and particularly the Palestinian people, is seeking an experienced director of donor development at its headquarters in Washington.
Want to intern at ANERA? Learn more >>
The successful candidate will raise funds in support and promotion of ANERA’s mission to improve lives of the most vulnerable people in Gaza, the West Bank and Lebanon.
As director of donor development you will be expected to identify and cultivate relationships with new prospective donors, solicit contributions from existing donors, and steward relationships with major donors. You will implement a system that encourages increased giving at all levels and take the lead in organizing ANERA’s Annual Dinner, supervising a contracted staff person and intern(s).
The position will require you to make independent judgment calls and take initiative while working in a collaborative, fast-paced, creative environment with a small fundraising and communications team. You will also work closely with the ANERA Board of Directors – specifically the development committee and advisory council – to raise funds and expand ANERA’s donor base.
- Cultivate existing and new individual donors to increase private support for ANERA.
- Solicit restricted and unrestricted gifts from major donors and family foundations
- Ensure proper stewardship of donors, including monitoring and reporting on restricted gifts
- Assist in creating and sending special mailings to donors
- Maintain donor files and contact records in the database
- Manage cultivation and appreciation activities, including personally acknowledging gifts
- Lead the team that plans and executes ANERA’s Annual Dinner
- Coordinate fundraising gatherings throughout the year, in multiple locations throughout the US.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a strong understanding of all aspects of fundraising theory and practice, either through on-the-job training or course work
- 5-7 years of progressive fundraising experience with an emphasis on major donor gifts and event planning
- Strong command of MS Office Suite and experience working with fundraising databases; knowledge of Salesforce and Wealth Engine a plus
- Background and interest in the Middle East/Arab world preferred; Arabic language skills a plus
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and effective telephone presence
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multitask under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel – domestically and to the Middle East (once yearly)
- CFRE or CFM certification desired
- Experience with the management of staff and/or volunteers desired
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter by May 3, 2013 to email@example.com with “Director of Donor Development” in the subject line.
Interested in Interning at ANERA?
Learn more >>