Join our Team
Position: International Grants Manager
Office: Washington, DC
Job Status: Exempt, full-time
Reports to: Vice President for New Business Development and Fundraising
This is a reopened search. Persons who have previously applied for this position do not need to resubmit their application.
ANERA is one of the largest American non-profit organizations providing development, health, education and job creation programs in the West Bank, Gaza, Jordan and Lebanon. In fiscal year 2013, with a global staff of 100, ANERA implemented programs worth more than $63 million.
Want to intern at ANERA? Learn more.
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for an international grants manager with initiative, good judgment and solid accounting knowledge to join our Washington, DC-based staff – a nimble team of finance, communications and fundraising professionals. Reporting to the chief financial officer, this new position liaises with overseas staff and plays a vital role in developing accurate and timely budgets for grant proposals as well as financial data for progress reports.
- Coordinates budget development and review process, including budget and expense analysis, financial reporting to funders, and grant closeout functions. Ensures accuracy and completeness in all areas.
- Trains field staff in preparation and monitoring of budgets and works with program staff in preparation of grant budgets and regular program reports in compliance with donors’ terms of agreements.
- Ensures time and effort reporting is complete and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Communicates with fiscal contacts at funding sources for problem resolution and information gathering.
- Assists vice president of new business development in pre-award grant activities related to grant requests, which includes research of financial guidelines for grants, budget preparation and review, and follow-up as necessary.
- Coordinates fiscal compliance with finance and program management staff in field offices to ensure compliance with applicable U.S. government regulations, other funder regulations, ANERA policies, and grants budgets, including maintenance of supporting documentation.
- Coordinates internal communications/reports relating to financial management of grants.
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience, plus extensive financial or cost management experience, preferably in non-profit setting.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience with USAID proposal budgeting and financial management of USAID grants, including significant experience in international development in a multi-office, multi-national environment with organizations implementing programs on the ground overseas.
- Experience developing finance and accounting policies, procedures, and systems.
- Experience training international staff in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of cost accounting methods and practices applicable to management of private and government monies.
- In-depth knowledge of financial software applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and relational databases.
- Demonstrated ability to design, analyze, and prepare budgets and financial reports; monitor expenditures and maintain data, and manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Firm foundation in accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Professional demeanor, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as an effective team member working in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with auditors and granting agencies.
- Experience with financial management of both prime agreements and sub-agreements.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 6, 2013. Please include in email subject – Application for Grants Manager Position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interested in Interning at ANERA?