Join our Team
ANERA advances the well-being of Palestinian families and poor communities in Gaza, the West Bank and Lebanon through health, development, education and humanitarian relief programs.
Reports to: Vice President, New Business Development
Location: Washington, DC (HQ)
ANERA, a leader in development and relief specialized in the Middle East, seeks an experienced grants and proposal professional for our Washington, DC headquarters office. The successful candidate will play vital role in securing new grant funding for ANERA programs, with an emphasis on private foundations. The Proposal Manager’s responsibilities include prospect research to identify sources of funding and grants opportunities, and proposal development in coordination with overseas and HQ staff and external consultants. The Proposal Manager may also assist in the review, editing and submission of progress reports to funders.
This position is ideal for an experienced, hands-on grants and proposals professional, with knowledge of humanitarian relief and international development funders.
- Lead research efforts to identify potential funders and grant opportunities.
- Solicit grants from private foundations, government and multilateral agencies, and corporations by developing concept papers, letters of inquiry and full proposals.
- Manage all aspects of the proposal development process, including writing, editing, document production and submission. This includes extensive coordination with subject matter experts, staff and consultant writers, and HQ finance and communications staff.
- Represent ANERA in external meetings and conferences to raise ANERA’s visibility to potential funders and implementing partners.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Three to five years of proposal writing and grant solicitation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write persuasively and with clarity.
- Successful track record securing grants from private foundation, bilateral/multilateral agencies.
- Excellent English proofreading and editing, as well as verbal communication skills required.
- Strong command of MS Office Suite, including high proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Middle East preferred.
- Overseas international development experience preferred.
How to Apply
Send a letter, resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Proposal Manager” in the subject line. Interested candidates should apply by May 13, 2016. No calls please.
Donor Systems Coordinator (Salesforce)
Reports to: Vice President, Philanthropy
Location: Washington, DC (HQ)
Status: Full-time employee, non-exempt
This position is part of the Fundraising team and is responsible for the coordination, management and maintenance of the fundraising systems (namely Salesforce), as well as the timely and accurate processing and acknowledgement of donations. This includes report preparation, list generation, data and gift entry and support with various mailings. With limited oversight, this position will also lead the development team in learning about and adopting a range of Salesforce features and provide trainings in their effective use. The Donor Systems Coordinator will exercise strict confidentiality with regard to sensitive information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Database Administration
- Daily management, administration and support of the fundraising (Salesforce) database.
- Manages and maintains 3rd party integrations into the fundraising database including but not limited to Blackbaud Luminate Online, Classy.org and WealthEngine.
- Maintains data integrity with respect to accuracy, currency, completion, de-duplication and appropriate data structure.
- Routinely liaises with finance department to reconcile financial figures.
- Ensures appropriate security levels, data access limits and software licensing are maintained.
- Establishes the needs of database users, works to ensure they can be met.
- Keeps abreast of Salesforce features and functionality and enhancements, provides recommendations for system improvements, and implements new features/functionalities.
- Serves as point of contact for associates at Salesforce, 3rd party integrations and technical consultants.
- Development Support
- Provides technical support for staff in their use of the fundraising database and associated add-ons.
- Trains development staff on the use of the fundraising database and related processes and procedures.
- Designs and develops fundraising reports, donor/contact lists and dashboards, both regular and ad hoc.
- Assists development staff in establishing requirements for reports, donor/contact lists and dashboards.
- Donation Processing and Acknowledgement
- Ensures the timely processing of donations and data entry for all cash and non-cash gifts received through the mail or otherwise.
- Ensures the timely acknowledgement of all cash and non-cash gifts received through the mail or otherwise.
- Trains ‘back-up’ staff on donation processing, acknowledgement and data entry in preparation for any prolonged absence or high-volume time periods.
- Follows the policies, procedures and practices outlined in ANERA’s Accounting Manual, Code of Conduct and Organizational Ethics policy. Reports any business/compliance concerns according to organizational policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Salesforce administrator, preferably in a non-profit fundraising environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel, and a demonstrated ability to perform mail-merge functions.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Salesforce administrator certification strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform and experience with custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred.
- Ability to think analytically, establish and maintain systems and processes, compile data, and prepare reports.
- Experience with data visualization tools a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and exercise independent action.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with staff at varied levels.
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online (formerly Convio) desired, but not required.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Application for Donor Systems Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.