Join our Team
ANERA advances the well-being of Palestinian families and poor communities in Gaza, the West Bank and Lebanon through health, development, education and humanitarian relief programs. We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions at our headquarters in Washington, DC.
Vice President of Philanthropy in Washington DC
ANERA is one of the largest US non-profit organizations providing development, health, education and job creation programs in the West Bank, Gaza, and Lebanon. In fiscal year 2014, with a global staff of over 100, ANERA implemented programs worth more than $63 million.
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for an experienced vice president of philanthropy who will provide vision and oversight to further develop ANERA’s fundraising operations and increase unrestricted and restricted program revenue. With oversight of a headquarters fundraising staff of five, the vice president is responsible for all of ANERA’s fundraising operations directed at individual, corporate and institutional donors including oversight of direct mail, planned giving, individual donor relations, and online donations. This collaborative and highly effective team works in conjunction with the field staff in raising a multi-million dollar annual fund, communicates with an online list of over 30,000, and provides financial stewardship to a list of over 8,000 individual donors in 30 countries annually.
As a member of the senior management team, this position coordinates with the president, chief financial officer, vice president for new business development, and country directors to provide leadership and management of all ANERA activities, and collaborates with the board of directors.
Role & Responsibilities
- In coordination with the president and various stakeholders, initiates and implements a long-term strategy for growth
- Creates and/or manages administrative systems that will facilitate growth goals and improve ANERA’s overall operations
- Leads and mentors a fundraising team of five staff responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of major individual, foundation and corporate donors through all vehicles.
- Raises funds by meeting a yearly goal that is based on personal solicitation of donors
- Oversees preparation for ANERA’s annual fundraising dinner
- Manages, with the president, the execution of international fundraising efforts, including government donations
- Represents ANERA at select donor and membership gatherings
- Oversees composition and review of high-level funding proposals and reports on major gifts
- Becomes proficient with legal requirements applicable to ANERA as a US not-for-profit organization engaged in the Middle East
Budgetary Management and Agency Administration
- Coordinates with the chief financial officer on financial matters
- Develops departmental and revenue budgets with participation of relevant team members and in conjunction with the president
- Approves and monitors fundraising team expenses and budgets
- Drafts suitable policies and procedures to guide all fundraising related efforts
- University degree with 8-10 years of experience in fund development with at least 3 years of experience at a senior level; CFRE preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of non-profit fundraising and resource generation and demonstrated success in raising six-figure gifts from donors and funders
- Strong communication, strategic, and leadership skills, as well as the capacity and desire to work in an environment of consensus-based decision-making and highly effective cross-disciplinary cooperation
- Proven track record of senior management, with supervision of staff, and an ability to manage multiple tasks, especially on a remote basis
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising operations, fundraising communications, donor stewardship, event management, and fundraising ethics, as well as ability to analyze and improve fundraising systems
- Proposal writing and grant solicitation experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Middle East preferred
- Ability to travel to Gaza, West Bank, Lebanon, and willingness to travel domestically to visit with current and prospective donors (up to 20% of the time)
- Values that are consistent with ANERA’s, which are based on collaboration, entrepreneurship, high ethical standards, accuracy and a driven desire to make a difference in the lives of families throughout the Middle East
How to Apply
Send resume and brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. “Vice President | Philanthropy” should be clearly stated in the subject line. No phone calls will be accepted. No recruiters. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.