Join our Team
PROPOSAL MANAGER, WASHINGTON, DC
ANERA, a leader in development and relief specialized in the Middle East, seeks an experienced grants and proposal professional for our Washington, DC headquarters office. The successful candidate will play vital role in securing new grant funding for ANERA programs, with an emphasis on private foundations. The proposal manager’s responsibilities include prospect research to identify sources of funding and grants opportunities, and proposal development in coordination with overseas and HQ staff and external consultants. The proposal manager may also assist in the review, editing and submission of progress reports to funders.
This position is ideal for an experienced, hands-on grants and proposals professional, with knowledge of humanitarian relief and international development funders.
- Lead research efforts to identify potential funders and grant opportunities.
- Solicit grants from private foundations, government and multilateral agencies, and corporations by developing concept papers, letters of inquiry and full proposals.
- Manage all aspects of the proposal development process, including writing, editing, document production and submission. This includes extensive coordination with subject matter experts, staff and consultant writers, and HQ finance and communications staff.
- Represent ANERA in external meetings and conferences to raise ANERA’s visibility to potential funders and implementing partners.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Three to five years of proposal writing and grant solicitation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to write persuasively and with clarity.
- Successful track record securing grants from private foundation, bilateral/multilateral agencies.
- Excellent English proofreading and editing, as well as verbal communication skills required.
- Strong command of MS Office Suite, including high proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Middle East preferred.
- Overseas international development experience preferred.
How to Apply
Send a letter, resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Proposal Manager” in the subject line. Interested candidates should apply by February 28, 2017. No calls please.