Join Our Team
ANERA looks for skilled and passionate individuals to help us improve the lives of refugees and impoverished families in Palestine and Lebanon.
Job Openings - Washington, DC
Development Database Assistant
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of refugees and others in the Middle East? We are looking for a team player who can be part of a growing organization that works with marginalized communities and refugees in Palestine and Lebanon. This position is an integral part of the fundraising team and is responsible for managing data entry and data integrity, gift processing, acknowledgements and reporting for ANERA’s fundraising efforts, as well as supporting other activities of the fundraising team. This is an ideal position for a young graduate looking to gain experience and knowledge in non-profits and deepen his/her exposure to Middle East issues. This is a non-exempt, hourly position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely processing and acknowledgement of donations and data entry for all cash and non-cash gifts received through the mail or otherwise
- Maintain accuracy of donor constituent files and ensure overall cleanliness and completeness of ANERA’s CRM system
- Generate analytical donor reports, database queries and donor lists as necessary.
- Provide back-up for other fundraising and office staff when needed with telephone and correspondence.
- Assist the fundraising and communications teams on email and direct appeals, special events and projects as needed.
- One year of experience in Salesforce or equivalent, preferably in a non-profit fundraising environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel, and a demonstrated ability to perform mail-merge functions.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of the Salesforce or equivalent platform.
- Strong ability and commitment to accuracy and database integrity.
- Familiarity with non-profit fundraising strategies, particularly vis-à-vis donor data best practices.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and exercise independent action.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with staff at varied levels.
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online (formerly Convio) a plus.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Application for Development Database Assistant” in the subject line. No calls please.
Deadline: May 31