Join Our Team
ANERA looks for skilled and passionate individuals to help us improve the lives of refugees and impoverished families in Palestine and Lebanon.
Job Openings - Washington, DC
ANERA is one of the oldest American non-profits working solely in Palestine and Lebanon. Strictly non-political and non-sectarian, the organization delivers humanitarian relief in times of crisis and development programs that have a long-lasting impact on refugees and poor communities. In fiscal year 2017, with a staff of 150 professionals, ANERA delivered $70 million in emergency, health, education and community development programs (www.anera.org).
We are seeking an experienced and innovative nonprofit executive to serve as president and CEO and provide strategic leadership and daily management of all aspects of ANERA’s people, programs and systems. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the organization’s mission, a track record of accomplishments, a deep understanding of the work we do especially in the delicate environment where we operate, and exceptional communication skills. S/he also will bring particular strengths in fundraising, partnership development, and external relations.
- Provide overall leadership of the organization’s strategy, staff, programs, administration, and finances to ensure the successful execution of mission through its senior management team in Washington DC, Palestine, and Lebanon.
- Diversify and expand the organization’s funding base across foundations, government, corporate and individual giving.
- Lead, motivate and empower staff to achieve their objectives by providing necessary resources, professional development opportunities, and performance management.
- Engage the board of directors in regular communication to utilize their expertise and resources to ANERA’s fullest advantage.
- Develop and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders, including community members, nonprofits, businesses, and government officials.
- Support and enhance communications efforts to strengthen the brand, effectively promoting ANERA across all media platforms.
- Ensure programs are achieving clear, measurable results with the greatest potential impact.
- Safeguard ANERA’s fiscal health through the responsible management, tracking, and reporting of finances.
Required Skills and Experience
- Passion for ANERA’s mission demonstrated by previous experience, especially with the multi-faceted challenges of working in the Middle East, particularly Palestine
- Minimum of 15 years management experience, with practical exposure in the Middle East and preferably with an international non-profit
- Successful record of generating revenue through individual and major giving campaigns, strategic partnerships, and grants from foundations, corporations, and government agencies, including USAID
- Superb interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; ability to represent the organization and the plight of the people it serves to a variety of US-based and international audiences.
- Exceptional media savvy with deep understanding of the sensitivities involving ANERA's mission.
- Manage online, offline and broadcast interest in ANERA's work through proactive, strategic measures that ensure the integrity of the organization's work
- Proven ability to attract, develop, and retain a talented staff
- Experience designing and implementing strategic plans and relief and/or development programs on the ground
- Willingness to travel about 20% of the time, domestically and internationally, including to sites with unstable security
- Experience working with a board of directors and decentralized international staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Competence in the Arabic language desired
Equal Opportunity Employer | Salary is commensurate with experience
How to apply
Contact Craig Stevens, Partner, Cabot Consultants at 703-370-1638 or firstname.lastname@example.org (www.cabotinc.com).
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of refugees and others in the Middle East?
We are looking for an innovative individual who can be part of a growing organization that works with marginalized communities and refugees in Palestine and Lebanon. As an integral member of the fundraising team, the Director of Digital Fundraising will develop a comprehensive strategy to increase revenue through online channels and oversee related database administration. S/he will work with the fundraising and communications teams, as well as outside vendors and consultants, to execute strategies that drive fundraising and engagement while enhancing user experience. The director will also stay abreast of digital fundraising trends and tools, as well as key performance indicators throughout the industry.
- Develop and execute online fundraising strategy, to include email marketing and segmentation, SEO/SEM, list buys/trades, peer-to-peer campaigns and paid advertising efforts.
- Manage and implement best practices for integrations with anera.org of all fundraising tools, including Salesforce, Blackbaud Luminate, Classy.org and WealthEngine.
- Maintain vendor relationships for online marketing tools and databases, with technical understanding of implementation.
- Create and oversee implementation of (targeted, segmented) integrated solicitation campaigns to increase acquisition, retention, and renewal of lapsed donors.
- Work with communications and fundraising teams to develop annual fundraising calendar and ensure website optimization.
- Analyze data from Google Analytics, AdWords and other analytics and reporting tools to continually improve strategy.
- Manage all aspects of the direct mail program, in collaboration with the communications team, to reach out to current and lapsed donors as well as online and offline prospects.
- Collaborate with fundraising staff to develop reports to analyze and track performance of the giving program.
- Directly responsible for supervision of development database assistant.
- Collaborate with development database assistant to streamline integration of fundraising/communications systems with the database and maintain data integrity.
- Ensure ANERA remains current on best practices related to donor list management.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible leadership experience in fundraising management.
- Extensive experience with Blackbaud Luminate/Salesforce and Convio.
- Experience with big-data best practices, including A/B testing, integrating multiple systems, and related technology platforms.
- Solid understanding of best practices related to internet tools, processes and techniques for fundraising, donor development, list building, social media advertising, email marketing, and SEO/PPC.
- Must be able to show proof of authorization to work in the US.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with WordPress (CMS)
- Proven ability to work effectively across departments and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Application for Director of Digital Fundraising” in the subject line. No calls please. ANERA is an equal opportunity employer.
Internship Opportunities - Washington, DC
About ANERA Internships
Interns at ANERA are directly involved in the work of the teams they support, from details to strategic planning. They attend weekly meetings and participate in brainstorming and implementation. It is an opportunity for hands-on experience in fundraising and international development from the viewpoint of a non-profit organization. Depending on which team you support, your work could include dealing with donors, database research for new business development, drafting and/or editing funding proposals, writing and/or editing stories for the website and social media, press releases, or tracking and monitoring in-kind donation deliveries to communities in the Middle East. Ideal internship candidates are resourceful, enterprising and good team players. All interns are expected to handle some clerical duties.
The fundraising team advances the mission of ANERA through innovative and project-oriented fundraising activities. The team identifies potential donors and funding sources and drafts proposals, based on our project experience and field expertise.
Interns will help identify potential sources of individual and foundation support. Assist in the development of new and imaginative fundraising approaches, and in preparation of proposals and project plans. Work on logistics, such as travel arrangements or conference calls to assist contact with donors. Help prepare project reports for individual donors; compile, copy and mail documents to board members. Regularly attend team and staff meetings, provide assistance answering phones. Help with maintaining databases to record donor contacts.
Interns also will help research and write/edit relevant reports on ANERA programs for publication. Help edit success stories for publication on the website. Assist the communications team in developing informational materials and research media outlets.
- Good writing and editing skills
- Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong online research skills
- Knowledge of Google Apps (Drive, Calendar, Docs, etc.)
- Database experience a plus
- Ability to use PowerPoint
- Ability to creatively navigate social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Ability to use Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator a real plus
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Internship”:
- Cover letter
- Brief writing sample on a topic relevant to the Middle East or development issues
- A list of relevant skills, such as knowledge of Arabic, InDesign, database, WordPress, social media
- The dates you are available to work
Note: Must be a US citizen or permanent resident and have at least two years of college study
Fall: July 15th
Spring: November 15th
Summer: March 15th