Join Our Team
Anera looks for skilled and passionate individuals to help us improve the lives of refugees and impoverished families in Palestine and Lebanon.
Anera is one of the oldest American non-profits working solely in Palestine (Gaza and West Bank) and Lebanon. Strictly non-political and non-sectarian, the organization delivers humanitarian relief in times of crisis and development programs that have a long-lasting impact on refugees and poor communities. In fiscal year 2018, with a staff of 140 professionals, Anera delivered $69.8 million in emergency, health, education and community development programs.
The executive assistant (EA) and manager of HQ operations (MHQO) is responsible for the daily management of the president & CEO’s administrative affairs and the operation of Anera HQ office functions. This position will have regular interaction with HQ and country team staff, the board, international advisory council, partners, donors, and foreign governments. The position reports to the president, responding to the priorities of the president and Anera as a whole. Judgments and decisions are made in partnership.
- Maintain the President & CEO’s schedule, including day-to-day and long-term management of meetings, projects and priorities
- Schedule meetings and travel, including prioritizing meetings and communicating all relevant details to participants
- Balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines
- Serve as the first point of contact for a wide variety of high-level relationships between the president, major donors, external contacts and vendors
- Supervise board meeting logistics, correspondence and preparation of annual board information book
- Assist with board activities and coordination including the recording of meetings
- Liaise with outside IT vendors to ensure equipment is upgraded, functioning and all organizational IT needs are meet
- Oversee inventory, purchase and stocking of office supplies
- Prepare monthly credit card and reimbursement reports
- Coordinate and manage special projects, including working collaboratively with staff to assure projects meet deadlines
- Work as a member of the team, willingly providing back‐up support for co‐workers when appropriate and actively support group goals
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven organization and time management skills with excellent attention to detail and the belief that no task is too big or too small
- Superb communication skills (oral and written) with a confident, concise, clear and compelling style to produce well thought‐out, professional correspondence
- Proficient in all MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using and managing the Google suite of cloud products
- Experience managing video conferencing
- Excellent relationship builder, able to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion, and diplomacy with all internal and external stakeholders. Must also demonstrate ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information
- Skilled in all aspects of planning management including international travel and events
- Able to take an idea from concept to completion
- Resourceful, strategic problem-solving ability with a fun, positive “can do” attitude and sense of humor
- At least 3 years work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Arabic language skills a plus
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Executive Assistant to the President & CEO and Manager of HQ Operations” in the subject line. No calls please.
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of refugees and others in the Middle East? We are looking for a short-term consultant that can be part of a growing organization that works with marginalized communities and refugees in Palestine and Lebanon. The consultant will support Anera’s in-kind program team member in Washington, DC, Palestine and Lebanon.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Finalize a standardized M&E process to be used by Anera’s in-kind team to include quantitative data collection (including breaking down donations and beneficiaries by source, percentages of need vs. overall estimated annual or national demand, etc.), qualitative data collection (including collection tools for interviews, focus groups, outcomes, and impact), and creating a template for internal and external reporting.
- Support Anera’s team to identify the needs for the in-kind inventory system and finalize the requirements and expected data to be captured by the new inventory system, including but not limited to
- tracking inventory by donor and source
- medicine descriptions,
- number of and demographic data for beneficiaries served, and
- tracking outcomes of provided care.
Skills and Knowledge
- Specialized experience in the management, monitoring and evaluation of health programs is required.
- At least five years of experience working on international health M&E issues.
- Experience with a wide range of health and broader health development issues such as program evaluation, gender, agriculture, livelihoods, nutrition, and education.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, management information systems for M&E, data quality assessments, data analysis, report writing and presentation.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in designing and field testing large-scale surveys and other data collection instruments.
- Desired: knowledge of the Middle East context.
- Please note that the ideal candidate will have previous experience in both health M&E issues and health inventory systems. It is not required, however, to have experience in both.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Application for M&E consultant” in the subject line. Please indicate the requested daily rate in your letter. Interested candidates should apply by August 1st, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of refugees and others in the Middle East?
We are looking for a team player who can be part of a growing organization that works with marginalized communities and refugees in Palestine and Lebanon. The program assistant will support Anera’s new business development (NBD) and in-kind programs departments. The assistant will provide programmatic assistance and administrative support for key activities such as supporting the NBD team in proposal submission; maintaining up-to-date registration for Anera in various UN systems portals; and supporting the in-kind team with valuation of medicine, updating shipment status, research on prospect donors, and other tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting research to identify potential funders and grant opportunities.
- Collecting background information and data relevant to proposal efforts.
- Assisting with formatting/editing of proposals and grant reporting.
- Providing support to Anera’s in-kind humanitarian assistance program.
- Performing routine administrative tasks related to maintaining up-to-date grants and program files, and other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years’ of professional/office experience, including internships
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have excellent writing, editing, and communication skills. Must be able to meet deadlines and multitask, have strong attention to detail, and work well with others in a fast-paced and demanding environment. Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and take initiative.
- Ability to think critically, to problem-solve, and to work well independently and in collaboration with others.
- Excellent English proofreading, writing, and editing skills, as well as strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong command of MS Office Suite, including high proficiency in Word and Excel. (Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat would also be helpful.)
- Knowledge/experience in research and writing.
- Interest in and knowledge of the Middle East, particularly in Anera’s areas of operation, preferred.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Program Assistant” in the subject line. Interested candidates should apply by June 28th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis. No calls please.
in Washington, DC
About Anera Internships
Interns at Anera are directly involved in the work of the teams they support, from details to strategic planning. They attend weekly meetings and participate in brainstorming and implementation. It is an opportunity for hands-on experience in fundraising and international development from the viewpoint of a non-profit organization. Depending on which team you support, your work could include dealing with donors, database research for new business development, drafting and/or editing funding proposals, writing and/or editing stories for the website and social media, press releases, or tracking and monitoring in-kind donation deliveries to communities in the Middle East. Ideal internship candidates are resourceful, enterprising and good team players. All interns are expected to handle some clerical duties.
The fundraising team advances the mission of Anera through innovative and project-oriented fundraising activities. The team identifies potential donors and funding sources and drafts proposals, based on our project experience and field expertise.
Interns will help identify potential sources of individual and foundation support. Assist in the development of new and imaginative fundraising approaches, and in preparation of proposals and project plans. Work on logistics, such as travel arrangements or conference calls to assist contact with donors. Help prepare project reports for individual donors; compile, copy and mail documents to board members. Regularly attend team and staff meetings, provide assistance answering phones. Help with maintaining databases to record donor contacts.
Interns also will help research and write/edit relevant reports on Anera programs for publication. Help edit success stories for publication on the website. Assist the communications team in developing informational materials and research media outlets.
- Good writing and editing skills
- Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong online research skills
- Knowledge of Google Apps (Drive, Calendar, Docs, etc.)
- Database experience a plus
- Ability to use PowerPoint
- Ability to creatively navigate social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Ability to use Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator a real plus
Send the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship”:
- Cover letter
- Brief writing sample on a topic relevant to the Middle East or development issues
- A list of relevant skills, such as knowledge of Arabic, InDesign, database, WordPress, social media
- The dates you are available to work
Note: Must be a US citizen or permanent resident and have at least two years of college study
Fall: July 15th
Spring: November 15th
Summer: March 15th